Dieppe 2020-2024 Immigration Strategy builds on the priorities of the Expansion Dieppe Board of Directors, the City do Dieppe Council and the Local Immigration Partnership.
Immigration is a shared responsibility among levels of government and community stakeholders. The role of municipalities can be articulated around the following areas of focus:
- Cultural adaptation of municipal services to the needs of newcomers;
- The valorization of the contributions of cultural diversity;
- The promotion and support of community intercultural dialogue;
- Consultation and mobilization of the community, particularly through a LIP and an internal steering committee.
In accordance with the recommendations resulting from the work of the new 2019-2024 regional strategy, the Dieppe 2020-2024 Immigration Strategy aims to:
- Help fill labour or skills shortages in local businesses;
- Ensure the stability of companies in certain vulnerable sectors;
- Ensure linguistic balance in the region;
- Adapt municipal services to cultural diversity;
- Enhance cultural diversity;
- Promote and support community intercultural dialogue;
- Implement policies or strategies for the management of cultural diversity;
- Adopt measures to prevent racism and discrimination.
Dieppe 2020-2024 Immigration Strategy
Check out the Dieppe 2020-2024 Immigration Stragegy
Check out the Dieppe 2020-2024 Immigration Strategy Summary
Have you just moved to Dieppe? Check out the City of Dieppe's web page for new residents